The Ribault Club was established in 1928 as a playground for the affluent, much like the Jekyll Island Club in the Sea Islands of Georgia. Upon it's opening, Ribault featured a Donald Ross golf course, clay tennis courts, a yacht basin and lawn bowling as well as sleeping and dining facilities.

The 16,000 square foot clubhouse was designed in an International Mix / Island Plantation style by the famous society architect, Maurice Fatio. The interior of the building has many neoclassical features including fluted pilasters, classic arches and entablatures above beautifully paneled doors. Most rooms contain wainscoting, chair rails and picture rails, as well as the original Terrazzo floors.

Ceilings are generally 12 feet high, and there is almost 6000 square feet of meeting and event space. This space overlooks the Fort George River and Talbot Islands through 36 sets of French doors, 24 of which have fanlights above. The event space is laid out in a U-shape and with two extensions with and a connecting verandah. The space can be rented in small, intimate rooms or in its entirety as one contiguous space. Fort George Island is 30 minutes by car from both Jacksonville Airport and Amelia Island, Florida.


Ribault Club | 11241 Fort George Road | Fort George Island, Florida 32226 | 904 251-1050 | 904 251-1060 fax | info@theribaultclub.com
© copyright 2011 Cape Leisure Corporation. All Rights Reserved. The Ribault Club is handicapped accessible.
 SiteMap | Privacy | Contact Us | Directions